The mission of the Olney Chamber of Commerce is to support, promote, and represent the business interests of its members.
The Olney Chamber of Commerce has the following objectives:
In the heart of Olney, Maryland, ranked by Money Magazine as one of America’s Best Places to Live, with community newspaper and events.Conveniently located:2 miles to: Live theater and Longwood Recreation Center.3 miles to: County indoor pool, ICC MD Route 200, free ICC Park & Ride, and MTA bus.8 miles to: Glenmont or Rockville red line Metro Stations.
- To promote the interest of the business community through public awareness campaigns.
- To enhance economic development by supporting existing commercial enterprises and encouraging new business endeavors.
- To serve as an effective advocate for legislation and government on issues which are beneficial to the Olney business community.
- To examine, support and act upon issues of importance to the community.
- To respond to the needs of its members and to serve as a resource.
- To foster the spirit of cooperation and understanding between all segments of the community.
- To acknowledge the accomplishments of, and honor the outstanding contributions made by, member businesses and their employees.