2019 Olney Chamber Scholarships
At last week's Awards & Installation Dinner, two students were recognized for their outstanding academic and community service achievements.
Baovi Ly - 2019 ATHENA Scholar Kenneth Walker, 2019 Chamber Scholarship
Each received a $1,500 scholarship to use in purduit of their higher education in the fall. The number of awards , and their value is dependent on the generous donations of members and friends of the Chamber. We sincerely thank them forf their contributions.
2019 Chamber Scholarship Supporters:
* Brooke Grove Retirement Village *
* Fletcher's Service Center * Graeves Auto & Tire *
* BNI Breakfast of Business Champions *
* David Eskow, D.D.S.* Olney Sunoco *
* Adeptus Partners, LLC * Emmyrich M. "Richie" Vicente *
* FloorMax * Huff-N-Puff Cleaning Services * Kahan Law, PC *
* Moss Chiropractic * Pamela Spears*
* Roy W. Barber Funeral Home *
After his tragic, on-duty death in December 2015, the Chamber established the "Act Responsibly Scholarship" to commemorate MCPD Police Officer III Noah Leotta. Each year a high school senior from Montgomery County is chosen for the scholarship based on how they reflect the ideals and behavior displayed by Officer Leotta. Noah's parents, Rich Leotta and Marcia Goldman, were on hand to take part in presenting the $2,500 scholarship at the Awards Dinner.
Emily Hesse, Sherwood HS - 2019 "Act Responsibly Scholarship"