Join us at Joseph W. McCartin Insurance, Inc. to further your sales career. As an Outside Sales Producer in our Commercial Lines department you should have previous sales experience, possess or obtain a Property & Casualty license, and have the ability to build trust and rapport with companies in need of insurance advice and products.
You will be responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and selling new policies through personal referrals, networking, and any other opportunities you develop. You will grow a book of business that is profitable for you, the agency, and our carriers by counseling and marketing to your existing clients as well as continually turning prospects into new clients.
You will primarily conduct sales related work outside the office on your own schedule.
- Identifies and develops insurance prospects and appropriate markets.
- Surveys loss exposures, needs, and possible uninsurable or difficult to insure exposures for clients.
- Designs insurance plans and recommends coverages to clients.
- Creates insurance proposals, makes sales presentations to prospective and existing clients on new and renewal business.
- Documents and maintains orderly electronic files.
- Participates in company sales meetings.
- Reads and interprets technical manuals and insurance information from carriers, vendors, publishers, etc..
- Possess or obtain a Property & Casualty license
- Sales experience preferred
- Computer and technical proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Timely responsiveness and follow-through
- Resourcefulness, focus, clear goals
- Base salary to start with unlimited commission potential
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) with generous Employer Contribution
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Career Development & Growth