Olney DaysName: Olney DaysDate: April 26, 2019 - April 28, 2019Website: www.OlneyCivicFund.orgEvent Description:
Olney Days 2019 is just around the corner (April 26-28) and over 12,000 people from the Olney and the surrounding area attend events over three days. A sponsorship is an excellent way to introduce yourself to new customers as well as to remind current customers that you are active in the community where you do business. When you partner with Olney Civic Fund for this important community event, consider the benefits: increasing your visibility and name recognition in the community, opportunities to present your products and services, as well as social media and press coverage.
Olney is a unique place with a long history and many traditions. Olney Days started over 30 years ago and continues to bring people together to celebrate the community, strengthen connections, and foster new relationships. It is also an opportunity to give back to your customers and support the place you do business. Sponsorships start at $300. Full details of sponsorship benefits are on our website: www.OlneyCivicFund.
Olney Days 2019 Schedule
Friday, April 26, 2019
8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- OBGC's Flix @ the Fields Family Movie Night.
- OBGC Freeman Fields (4501 Olney Laytonsville Road)
- Enjoy Avengers: Infinity War on the big screen in the great outdoors. Bring a blanket or chair to sit on. Organized by OBGC. No pets, no smoking, and no alcohol at the park. Click here for full set of guidelines.
7:00 am-10:00 am
- Joe’s Ride and Stride Remembering Olney’s Kids. To benefit the Joseph Patrick Sanford Foundation
- Click here to register. For more information, visit Fletchers4U.com or JoeSanford.com
- Olney Days Free Paper Shred & Electronics Recycling Event
- At Sandy Spring Bank (17735 Georgia Ave - parking lot behind the building). Limit: 3 boxes or 3 large bags or equivalent.
- Please – no newspapers. Solid State Recyclers will be on site to recycle e-waste.
- Second Annual Party in the Park. Olney Manor Park (16601 Georgia Ave). Click here for map.
- Lots of parking available - Click here for details. FREE shuttle service from the ICC Park and Ride on Georgia Ave and the Park & Ride lot at the corner of Norbeck and Georgia Ave (entrance from Norbeck) provided by Martins Sedan and Limousine Service.
- Live music performed by great local bands like Audio Fuel, Priceless Advice, and Rock Creek Band. Stage and sound sponsored by Medstar Montgomery Medical Center - celebrating 100 years.
- The Food eating contests:
- 4:30 pm Pasta (Thank you Mamma Lucia)
- 5:00 pm Ice Cream (Thank you Cold Stone Creamery
- 5:30 pm Watermelon
- 6:00 pm Pumpkin Seed Spitting
- Carnival games, Rock Climbing Wall and Moonbounce (tickets required). Proceeds from the games benefit both the Sandy Spring Fire Department and Project Change
- Fun on the Field: Frisbee & Football throw, Soccer Fun, Run the Bases, and Tug of War. Free to participate.
- Fire truck rides by the Sandy Spring Fire Department (tickets required)
- The Beer & Wine Garden will be there too. Must be age 21 and over - bring ID. Brookeville Beer Farm, Denizens Brewing Company, Waredaca Brewing Company, and The Olney Winery. Giant Jenga and Mashball compliments of Olney Civic Fund.
- Food Trucks - Kona Ice, Holy Crepes, Cheeze on Wheels, El Pollo Submarine, 3rd Alarm BBQ
- Jazz Concert by the Olney Big Band (7:00 pm - 8:30 pm)
- Fireworks (at dark, about 8:30 pm) by Zambelli Fireworks, sponsored by Fletcher's Service Center. For everyone's safety, please no driving during the fireworks.
7:30 am - 10:00 am
- CANCELLED Alex's Run CANCELLED
- Second Annual Community Clean Up. Meet in Olney Manor Park by Ballfield #1 (closest to Georgia Ave). SSL hours are available. Click here for information.
- 25th Annual Olney Days Car and Truck Show. For more info, call (301) 924-4500 or Visit http://www.fletchers4u.com
- Pre-Parade Concert. Performed by the Olney Concert Band. Spartan Rd just east of Georgia Ave, near the Reviewing Stand
- 37th Olney Days Parade. Parade starts at Prince Phillip Dr, travels north on Georgia Ave, and ends on Spartan Rd.