Olney DaysName: Olney DaysDate: April 27, 2018 - April 29, 2018Event Description:
Olney Days 2018 Schedule
Friday, April 27, 20187:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Olney Days Movie Night
OBGC Freeman Fields (4501 Olney Laytonsville Road)
Enjoy Star Wars The Last Jedi on the big screen in the great outdoors. Bring a blanket or chair to sit on. Food trucks will be there and the concession stand will be open. Park opens at 7:00 pm and movie starts at 8:00 pm
Sponsored and organized by OBGC. No pets, no smoking, and no alcohol at the park. Click here for full set of rules.
Saturday, April 28, 20187:00 am-10:00 am
Joe’s Ride and Stride Remembering Olney’s Kids
To benefit the Joseph Patrick Sanford Foundation
Click here to register Starts and Ends in the Oakdale Church Parking Lot and includes 45K & 30K Bike Ride (7 AM), 10K Bike Ride (8 AM), 5K Walk (8 AM) & Kids Bike Rodeo (9 AM).
For more information, visit Fletchers4U.com or JoeSanford.com
12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Olney Days Free Paper Shred & Electronics Recycling Event
Sponsored by Giant Food
In the Sandy Spring Bank Parking Lot (behind the building) Limit: 3 boxes or 3 large bags or equivalent.
Please – no newspapers. Solid State Recyclers will be on site to recycle e-waste. Acceptable items include computers (desktop & towers), servers, hard drives, circuit boards, UPS battery backups, flat screen monitors, printers, DVD players, VCRs, modems, electric motors, rechargeable batteries (lithium ion or NiCad), cell phones, video games, cords. Please no TVs. Event is free but donations are always appreciated to offset the weekend's expenses.
3:30 pm - dark
NEW THIS YEAR: Party in the Park
Olney Manor Park (16601 Georgia Ave). Click here for map and parking.
Party in the Park combines two of our most popular events: Fun Fair and Fireworks with the Rock the Lot Block Party. All your favorite activities will be in one place at one time.
- The Food eating contests (Pasta, Ice Cream, & Watermelon Eating plus Seed Spitting).
- Carnival games, Rock Climbing Wall and Moonbounce. Proceeds from the games benefit both the Sandy Spring Fire Department and Project Change.
- Sporting contests: Frisbee Toss, Soccer Shootout, and new this year a Tug of War.
- Fire truck rides by the Sandy Spring Fire Department
- Cupcakes compliments of Shoppers Food and Pharmacy.
- Live music performed by great local bands arranged by Rocketeria. The big stage is sponsored by Shoppers Food & Pharmacy.
- The Beer & Wine Garden will be there too. So far we have confirmed Denizens Brewing Company, Waredaca, and Brookeville Beer Farm will be serving some great local brews and the Olney Winery has selected special wines for the occasion. Must be age 21 and over. Bring ID.
- Jazz Concert by the Olney Big Band (7:30 pm - 8:30 pm)
Olney Manor Park (16601 Georgia Ave) near the Swim Center.
- Fireworks sponsored by Fletcher's Service Center and the Joe Sanford Foundation
Olney Manor Park (16601 Georgia Ave)
Sunday, April 29, 20187:30 am - 10:00 am
Olney Boys & Girls Club at Freeman Fields (4501 Olney-Laytonsville Rd)
A 5K Run/Walk and Alex's "SportsTrak" - a fun event course for young children
Benefits the Alex Popeck Never Back Down Foundation which provides scholarships to Montgomery County students who embody Alex's "Never Back Down" spirit.
Click here to register
10:00 am- 1:00 pm
24th Annual Olney Days Car and Truck Show
Sponsored by Fletcher’s Service Center
Fletcher’s Service Center (18001 Georgia Ave)
For more info, call (301) 924-4500 or Visit http://www.fletchers4u.com
Performed by the Olney Concert Band
Spartan Rd just east of Georgia Ave, near the Reviewing Stand
36th Olney Days Parade
Starts at Prince Phillip Dr, travels north on Georgia Ave, ends on Spartan Rd. Click here for road closures.
Download Parade Application
3:30 - 5:30 pm
NEW THIS YEAR: Community Clean Up
Groups will clean up different areas in Olney. SSL hours are available. Click here for information. Please sign up your group by Friday, April 20th. Click here for signing up. Rain date will be Sunday, May 6, 2018.